Sunday 5 February 2017

Sweet Succulents Love - MFT Sketch Challenge Entry

Hello ! Today's card was inspired by MFT sketch challenge 318. I've used MFT Sweet Succulents stampset along with weathered embossing folder by Taylored Expressions to make this card. I love how this turned out. It's organic and rather realistic. Read on if you want to know how I make this card.


I started off by stamping some succulent images onto watercolor cardstock using MFT Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. Then I watercolored them using my favorite distress ink markers and layered the colors to get a more realistic look before I fuzzy cut them all out. 

For the card base, I've used Neenah Solar White 80lbs card stock and ink blended the background using MFT Premium Dye Ink color - In the Buff. Then, I embossed it using Taylored Expressions embossing folder design - Weathered which gave it a more organic look. I then cut down my embossed card stock 3/4 inch smaller on the side and adhered while aligning towards the left side of a dark brown card stock which is A2 in size. This creates my card base.



For the sentiments, I white heat embossed onto some random wood grain pattern paper and stick it near the bottom of my card base. Then, I glued my succulent images down and added some dimension by using foam tapes on two succulents. 


Finally, I embellished the card using 3pcs of 6mm clear droplets by pretty pink posh and added some glitter onto the succulents using Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen. I also added glossy accents to the 2 front succulents for more dimension. Then, I'm done.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice day !

Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment