Wednesday 18 January 2017

Chubby Chickie Golden Fortune - CNY card

Hello fellow crafter, Chinese New Year is only 10 days away and I am super excited to celebrate this day with my family and friends.

It is the year of the Rooster in 2017 and I scuffled through my collection and found this adorable Chubby Chickie image from Paper Smooches - Chubby Chums stamp set which is just perfect for making CNY card.


Chinese New Year is all about good fortune, good luck, good health and lots of red and gold which are auspicious in our Chinese tradition.

To start off, I stamped that cute chickie image onto white card stock using memento tuxedo black ink and colored in the image using copic markers. For the hat, I spotted a cap image from Paper Smooches Chubby Chum pals stamp set and partially masked off the cap flap and stamped only the top part onto a white card stock.

For the egg, I hand drawn an egg shape onto a white card stock and painted it using gold acrylic paint. Then I stamped the word "FU" upside down to symbolize descending fortune in your home.

Using a red card stock as my card base, I hand painted the rays using gold acrylic paint. The Chickie and egg are then pasted onto the card base using foam tape. Lastly, I gold painted a white card stock and die cut a border using the largest of MFT rectangle scallop border die before gluing it onto the card base to frame my image and that finishes off my card for today.

Thank you for stopping by. Hope you like this card.

XOXO,
Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment