Wednesday 30 November 2016

DAY 30. Christmas Wishes - Tiddly Ink New Challenge - Frosty Feeling

Hello lovelies ! Today I want to share with you a card I made for final day of the daily marker 30 day coloring challenge and I am also entering this card in the Tiddly Ink Challenge - Frosty Feeling.  

To be honest, my Tiddly Inks collection is limited. I only have two stamp sets that are appropriate for this week's challenge theme - Frosty Feeling. Where I live, it's summer all year round. So it's a real challenge for me. I would imagine frosty feeling as a blue, winter scene with lots and lots of snow and of course, PINE trees ! After much daydreaming, Tiddly Inks Willow Christmas Fairy stamp set is my crafty palette PICK today. 


Using Canson XL watercolor paper, I masked off the 4 sides on my crafting mat. I stamped the willow fairy image using Tsukineko Versafine black onyx ink and my Misty stamping tool. Then, using Inkadinkado masking paper, I cut out masks for the Willow fairy image, snow hill and the moon. I used distress inks color faded jeans, chipped sapphire and stormy sky to blend the sky and the snow hills. 

I peeled off the mask and start coloring using my distress ink markers. Colors used are Festive Berries, Tea Dye, Gathered Twigs, Mowed Lawn, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Fried marigold, Tattered Rose, Seedless preserve, Dusty Concord, Stormy sky, Faded Jeans & Black soot. For the snow, I used Copic opaque white  to random splatter onto the paper while masking the image. Lastly, I drew some pine trees and leaves into the background scene to create more interest to the card using my black Sakura micron #05 felt tip pen and colored in with black soot distress marker. 

Lastly I cut out a rectangular frame using silver fun foam. (I could have used silver cardstock but I ran out of it. So silver fun foam works too ! 😁) Also, stamp my sentiment "Christmas Wishes" onto a small stitched rectangle mounted onto a silver glittery sticker paper bought from Daiso. Stick them onto my card and added some glitter using my ZIG Wink of Stella glitter pen. Then, voila !! My card is DONE !!


My Card Story :

Willow the Christmas fairy is a kind soul. She braved in the cold winter snow with her bag of presents in the middle of the night while everyone is fast asleep. It's freezing cold outside but she is still very happy and enjoys her mission very much. She loves the feeling of giving surprises to little children and seeing their happy faces just warms her heart. It is the power of giving that brings joy and warmth to Willow. In this winter season, I wish everyone love, joy and happiness ! Be Happy and have a Merry Christmas!


XOXO,
Amy

  

No comments:

Post a Comment