Friday 2 December 2016

Sending Warm Holiday Hugs

Hello crafty friends ! I cannot believe that it is already December. Christmas is just 24 days away and I hope all my holiday cards could reach my oversea friends by then. 

I wanted to create a card that could show what I was busy with today. So looking through my stamps collection, I found this adorable Holiday Hugs stampset by Wplus9 which I have not played with. The cute bear and girl hugging together is just so sweet and I thought how nice it would be if I could just give all my dear friends a big, warm hug. This stamp set is just ideal ! It shall be my Crafty Palette pick for today's card !


Front of card 

Inside of Card



To start off, I cut out a white card stock measuring 11" x 8.5" and folded it into half to create an A2 size top folding card. This shall be my main card to work on. I open the card and place it in my Misti stamping tool with the inside of the card facing up. Then I used MFT black licorice hybrid ink to stamp the image on the bottom right. Do not remove the stamp yet.


Flip the card stock to have the front facing up. Then, with the stamp still on my Misti tool, I used post it tape to mask off the bear image and ink up the girl. Then I remove the post it tape and stamp the girl image onto the card front. It will be perfectly aligned with the inside image. 



I've also stamped the sentiment & heart - from Winnie & Walter Co, thinking bubble - from Love Cynthia. Then masked the girl hand before stamping the little envelope - also from Winnie & Walter Co. Finally, I drew a mailbox at the back using Sakura pigma micron Black #01.




Then, I cut out the girl image from the card front using my Fiskars fingertip control craft knife. 



Colored in all the images using my Copic sketch markers. 



I drew a wonky line border to frame up the card front. Also, add some interest to the the girl dress and highlights on the mailbox using white gel pen. Finally, a little bit of glitter onto red areas using my ZIG wink of stella clear glitter pen. And I,m done !

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and hope you have a great day ! =)

Hugz,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment