Monday 13 March 2017

Thanks a Log - guest design for Honey Bee Stamps


Hello stampers !

I am so excited and honoured to be invited as guest designer for Honey Bee Stamps this month. They are a USA company selling buzzworthy stamps, dies and paper craft supplies owned by the talented Melissa Hewitt who also designs her own stamps.



Here is my first card using the Spring Honey Buddies and Hello Gorgeous stamp sets which also come with their coordinating dies.






I love the wood slice images and stamped all the different sizes of wood slices available in the stamp set while masking them if needed onto watercolor paper. Then, I used distress ink to watercolor them in to create a more realistic look. I put them together randomly onto a white card stock and colored in the white spaces using pumice stone distress ink.

I die cut an oval window with frame using woodgrain card stock and laid this over the wood slices panel.






I stamped the bunny and floral images onto Neenah crest solar white card stock 80 lbs with memento tuxedo black ink and colored using Copic markers. I stamped the sentiment and die cut it slightly off centre to get a more dimensional look.

I taped everything over the frame using glue and foam tape. Lastly, added some glossy accents onto the flower center and bunny paws and my card is done !





Thanks a log for stopping by ! Have a fabulous day !

Hugs
Amy







No comments:

Post a Comment