Monday 6 March 2017

Droppin' in to say... I Miss U - MarkerPOP challenge #115

Hello !

Oh well, it's Monday greys... Haha... I have my first grey card to share with you today, inspired by MarkerPOP color challenge #115 - shades of winter. What a fun and challenging theme! This is quite a challenge for me because colorful cards are my usual style. But, I always LOVE a good challenge to start off a new week. 😁



Here is my take on MPC 115 using the cute panda image from Wplus9.


Using Wplus9 Friends for all seasons - Spring set, I stamped the adorable Panda and one little bird onto a white card stock using Memento Tuxedo black ink. I use copic color C3 to slightly colored in some shadows on both images and cut them out using scissors.



I die cut a lamp post and fence using YNS Lamp and Fence die and use white gelly roll pen to add some highlights to the lamp post.


For the background panel, I used mini blending tool to ink blend a piece of A2 card size watercolor card stock with distress ink colors weathered wood, ice spruce and black soot. Blending starts from the sides moving inwards. This was then die cut using the largest of MFT wonky stitched rectangle die.


To make the lamp light more contrasting, I used embossing pen to loosely scribble in a circular motion and white heat embossed it.



To assemble the card, I glued down the fence, the lamp post and the birdie using my glue pen. Then, white heat embossed my sentiment above the fence. Lastly, I used foam tape to attach the cute panda beside the lamp post. Attach the whole panel to a top folding horizontal card base. And, my card is finished !



Thank you all for stopping by. Hope you guys won't ever be grey like Panda. Have a FUNfilled week ahead !!


Cheers,
Amy



1 comment: